Saturday 11 February 2017

Getting my Mojo Back

So as you well know, I have been losing weight with slimming world since the end of May with brilliant results that I am very proud of (check out My Instagram to see more of that). I have been yoyo-ing since the beginning of the year for different reasons, but with the help of a friend and my awesome consultant Sharon I have started to get my mojo back.
Today my friend and I went to Chichester to help her find some clothes, as she has also lost a lot of weight and wants to be able to show it off. It was amazing the amount of shops that have been opened up to us now that we have lost the weight, which has been one of my personal goals. It made me enjoy shopping again and feel much more girly. There was one nemesis shop though that always annoyed the hell out of me when I was much bigger. Topshop. The shop where unless you are a small size 16 you had no hope of getting through the door, let alone try any of that shiz on. I think it bothered me especially when I was a teenager at college, with all these magazines having topshop stuff that I couldn't wear, and see all these other girls always want to go in there, because it was 'the shop' to go in.
Well I walked back in there today just to see what I had been missing for all these years. Apparently nothing. I have been missing out on nothing. None of it is my style, nothing really jumped out at me at all. Now, my 16 year old self can feel at rest, knowing that she didn't really miss out on anything. I definitely had a style all of my own at college. This probably all seems stupid now looking back, but as a 16 year old who was a bit tubby, everything mattered. Now I know when I pass by I am not missing out on anything, even though I can fit my ass in their clothes if I wanted to.
I have also been doing loads of slimming world recipes today, which has really started to bring my motivation back. My favourite of the day would have to be the coronation chicken sandwich filler that my best friend heard about from her group, Because who doesn't like coronation chicken??
The lovely heartwarming bit of my day was I got a card through the post from my slimming world consultant wishing me a good week. I'm very lucky to have an amazing slimming world consultant in Sharon, who helps us smile through the really difficult bits. It has joined my other bits on my inspiration wall, which I use to make sure I keep going.
I'm having to start IOU's for my terramundi pot, as I never have £1 coins when I need to put them in the pot, but I can only see it as a good thing. On the flip side, it definitely shows when I am feeling down about myself. Made me realise that I can have days where I feel great, but a lot of days where I put no money in there at all. So my next aim over this week is to find things that I am proud of to make sure that I put some money in my pot every day.
New week, new challenges. New week, new goals. 
Here's to a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment